The story of "the Bärenschlössle" (The Bear Castle) Built-in 1768, as a pleasure palace, by Duke Karl Eugen von Wuerttemberg as a two-story pavilion built entirely of stone and in old Roman style, the Bärenschlössle (Bear Castle) today serves as a popular destination/restaurant for visitors from near and far. The tenant, Jürgen Unmüßig, along with his family and over 60 employees, strive to ensure that every guest is satisfied, providing friendly and fast service. In 1964, Juergen’s mother began extending hospitality at the Bärenschlössle (Bear Castle) by offering coffee, cake, “simple fare” and a “quarter” bottle of Swabian wine to walkers who stopped by.
From when he was a young boy the love for the Bärenschlössle (Bear Castle) came to Juergen as he roamed in the deer park and lived in the nearby Wildmeisterei, where his grandfather, Otto Guenther, served for many years as Forest Ranger and looked after and cared for the surrounding forest.
The history of the Bärenschlössle (Bear Castle) was marked by construction and destruction. After the death of Karl Eugene, the Bärenschlössle (Bear Castle) fell from the former splendor of a pleasure palace. The Bärenschlössle (Bear Castle) along with the gondolas within the lake that had been brought from Italy fell into disrepair.
Due to COVID restrictions the restaurant and the toilets are closed, but we still are there for you.
Out of a food truck we sell grilled sausages, "Schupfnudeln" (finger shaped potatoe dumplings), non-alcoholic drinks and beer, coffee and cake
Opening Hours please look on the german side
Diese Website benutzt Cookies. Wenn Sie die Website weiter nutzen, stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Datenschutzerklärung